Let's Bounce back together!
Getting Vaccinated?? Here’s new guidance from the CDC regarding quarantines after exposure CLICK HERE
Travel quarantines will no longer be required if parents/staff are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine). However, children must be 100% symptom-free in order to return to the center. Failure to follow our COVID guidelines will result in immediate dismissal from Grandma’s House.
Serving our communities has always been of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are committed to staying open during this COVID-19 pandemic.
With the rapidly changing events in the State, here are the “Safer at Home” Guidelines set forth by DCF that we will continue following. As the State progresses through different Phases of reopening, these may be subject to change.
- • Are older than 60 years old.
- • Are pregnant.
- • Have underlying health conditions, including those with compromised immune systems or respiratory conditions like severe asthma.
- • Are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- • Have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
You can get COVID-19 during your travels. You may feel well and not have any symptoms, but you can still spread COVID-19 to others. You and your travel companions (including children) may spread COVID-19 to other people including your family, friends, and community.
- • Grandma’s House strives to remain open for over 100 families and 30 staff at each location. If your family is going to be traveling, we may impose a 7-day quarantine following your vacation. You will receive tuition credit for days that you are quarantined. If your child is under 2 years, quarantine days will not count towards your two-weeks of vacation per year. Please contact your Director for additional guidance.
- • Grandma’s House Staff who travel and/or attend large social gatherings are quarantined for 7 days before returning to work.
- • We are currently following the Department of Children and Families (DCF) requirement of face coverings to be worn in group child care centers for all adults and all children ages 5 and above.
- • All parents and teachers follow social distancing procedures.
- • We will attempt to limit group sizes and/or maintain single teacher classrooms where possible for as long as possible.
- • Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, tables, countertops, and handrails. Teachers do this every day during nap time. Extra staff clean and disinfect throughout the day. We also have additional cleaning personnel who clean after hours.
- • Each time they clock in, Staff take their temperature and respond to a questionnaire to make sure it is safe for them to stay at the center.
- • Cooks will wear face masks and continue to wear gloves when preparing food.
- • Family-style food serving has been discontinued. Teachers prepare each child’s plate using gloves so there is no sharing of serving utensils.
- • Where napping mats/cots are used, children will be arranged head to toe and kept 6 feet apart if possible. Mats and cots are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- • We are limiting visitors and vendors to our program. We are currently closed to in-person tours but we are offering virtual tours.
- • No field trips, but we will have LOTS of fun in the sun!
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our current protocol and guidelines, please feel free to contact us.