Let's Bounce back together!
Serving our communities has always been of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are committed to staying open during this COVID-19 pandemic.
With the rapidly changing events in the State, here are the “Safer at Home” Guidelines set forth by DCF that we will continue following. As the State progresses through different Phases of reopening, these may be subject to change.
- • Are older than 60 years old.
- • Are pregnant.
- • Have underlying health conditions, including those with compromised immune systems or respiratory conditions like severe asthma.
- • Are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- • Have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- • Have returned from travel to areas with community spread of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Here is the updated guidance from the Department of Health Services (DHS):
- • All non-essential travel is highly discouraged. Click here for more travel information.
- • Grandma’s House will not impose a quarantine on families if you travel within Wisconsin or out of State this summer. Please monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 while traveling and upon return. If you are concerned about your exposure while traveling, please quarantine for seven days upon return. If you are unsure if you should quarantine upon return, please contact your Director.
- • For Grandma’s House Staff, all travel and subsequent quarantine guidance will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- • Parents are required to wear their own face masks while at the centers. Teachers may wear face masks if they so choose.
- • All parents and teachers follow social distancing procedures.
- • We will attempt to limit group sizes and/or maintain single teacher classrooms where possible for as long as possible.
- • Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, tables, countertops, and handrails. Teachers do this every day during nap time. Extra staff clean and disinfect throughout the day. We also have additional cleaning personnel who clean after hours.
- • Each time they clock in, Staff take their temperature and respond to a questionnaire to make sure it is safe for them to stay at the center.
- • Cooks will wear face masks and continue to wear gloves when preparing food.
- • Family-style food serving has been discontinued. Teachers prepare each child’s plate using gloves so there is no sharing of serving utensils.
- • Where napping mats/cots are used, children will be arranged head to toe and kept 6 feet apart if possible. Mats and cots are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- • We are limiting visitors and vendors to our program. We are currently closed to in-person tours but we are offering virtual tours.
- • No field trips, but we will have LOTS of fun in the sun!
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our current protocol and guidelines, please feel free to contact us.