Your Safety is our Priority
Serving our communities has always been of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we are committed to staying open during this COVID-19 pandemic.
With the rapidly changing events in the State, here are the “Safer at Home” Guidelines set forth by DCF that we will continue following. As the State progresses through different Phases of reopening, these may be subject to change.
Individuals should NOT provide childcare, or visit childcare programs if they:
- • Are older than 60 years old.
- • Are pregnant.
- • Have underlying health conditions, including those with compromised immune systems or respiratory conditions like severe asthma.
- • Are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- • Have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- • Have returned from travel to areas with community spread of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- • Limiting enrollment in separate areas of the building to 50 children with 10 staff members.
- • Reduce co-mingling of staff as much as possible; separate bathrooms, lunchrooms/areas.
- • We will attempt to limit group sizes and/or maintain single teacher classrooms where possible for as long as possible.
- • All parents and teachers follow social distancing procedures. We are going to require that parents wear their own face masks when they are at the centers. Teachers may wear face masks if they so choose.
- • Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces like doorknobs, tables, countertops, and handrails. Teachers do this every day during nap time. Extra staff clean and disinfect throughout the day. We also have additional cleaning personnel who clean after hours.
- • Cooks will wear face masks and continue to wear gloves when preparing food.
- • Family style food serving has been discontinued. Teachers prepare each child’s plate using gloves so there is no sharing of serving utensils.
- • Where napping mats/cots are used, children will be arranged head to toe and kept 6 feet apart if possible. Mats and cots are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- • We are limiting visitors and vendors to our program. We are currently closed to tours.
- • No field trips but we will have LOTS of fun in the sun!
Grandma's House procedures:
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our current protocol and guidelines, please feel free to contact us.